Kids Help Phone’s National Youth Council (NYC)
Kids Help Phone’s National Youth Council (NYC) is comprised of a small group of youth ages 14-25 from across Canada who are passionate about emotional health and well-being. The council meets monthly (via Google Hangouts) to share ideas and opinions and collaborate on projects that impact Kids Help Phone’s organizational activities.
Applications for the 2016/2017 council are now closed. Please check back in Spring 2017 for information on joining our 2017/2018 National Youth Council!
• September – June
• 4-8 hours/month (including monthly meeting in Toronto or via Google Hangouts)
Key roles and responsibilities
• Participate in monthly NYC meetings from September – June
• Collaborate with other NYC members and staff in and outside of meetings
• Provide leadership, direction and vision to Kids Help Phone
• Advocate for youth emotional health and well-being in own school
• 14-25 years old
• Passionate about youth emotional health and well-being
• Enthusiastic, committed and opinionated
• Desire to learn with Kids Help Phone
• Work with a highly motivated team
• Make a difference in your school community
• Gain leadership and mentorship experiences
• Earn volunteer hours
The NYC is composed of the following roles:
Council Chair – The chair plans and runs monthly NYC meetings from September – June. They collaborate with NYC members and Kids Help Phone staff to determine council goals and support the development of projects throughout the school year.
Communications Leader – The communications leader is responsible for building communications between NYC members and staff throughout the year. They will keep NYC members connected to help build and grow projects.
Awareness Leader – The awareness leader is responsible for promoting and creating in-school activities for Kids Help Phone School Clubs. They will propose and develop assets for Kids Help Phone’s School Clubs program to share with schools, teachers and students.
Fundraising Leader – The fundraising leader is responsible for creating in-school fundraising campaigns on emotional health and well-being. These campaigns will inspire school fundraising campaigns.
Council Member – Council members will support various projects and activities led by the NYC. Focus areas include awareness and fundraising campaigns, youth engagement activity development and outreach opportunities in high schools.