Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life changing — sometimes even lifesaving — help and hope to young people in Ontario. Ontario is home to Kids Help Phone’s Toronto counselling centre, and a majority of Kids Help Phone users live in Ontario.
Today, as a community-based charity with a strong local presence, Kids Help Phone has a team of dedicated staff, volunteers, donors, and partners in Ontario who work tirelessly to support kids in the province as they develop resilience and reach their potential — creating stronger, healthier communities for everyone. Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service supporting young people’s mental health and well-being.
Did You Know
- Approximately 270 young people in Ontario called our phone service each day in 2015
- Young people from over 500 communities in Ontario connect with our professional counsellors each year
- Young people in Ontario visit Kids Help Phone’s website more than 400,100 times a year
- Kids Help Phone’s Community Resource Database contains over 14,500 local resources in Ontario, used by our counsellors to connect young people to on-the-ground support (such as shelters, health clinics, LGBTQ services, and counselling centres)
Here are some ideas about how you can help support children and youth in Ontario:
- Support our work by making an annual or monthly donation
- Become a Kids Help Phone Event Sponsor or Event Volunteer
- Create a Fundraising Team for our annual Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO or our Halloween Boolathon
- Encourage employees in your organization to support our events through your company newsletter or intranet.
Events in Ontario
Night to Nurture Gala
Join us at the 36th annual Night to Nurture Gala in support of The Grocery Foundation and Kids Help Phone. Guests will enjoy a musical performance by a Grammy Award winning artist and a vast and refined auction space featuring fun and interactive components. The event takes place on January 31, 2015 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 255 Front St. West, North Building, Toronto.
Purchase your tickets online now.
Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO
Be a hero in your community and walk to support the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada. Join us on the first Sunday in May at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO.
The Boolathon is Kids Help Phone’s annual Halloween-themed fundraiser – and bowling extravaganza! It’s a great opportunity for friends, family, coworkers, and more, to join together, raise funds for an important cause, and enjoy a spooktacularly great time.
For more information about Kids Help Phone in Ontario or to make a donation, please contact:
Kids Help Phone
300-439 University Ave.
Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8