British Columbia and the Yukon
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life changing — sometimes even lifesaving — help and hope to young people in British Columbia. In 1993, Kids Help Phone opened its British Columbia regional office.
Today, as a community-based charity with a strong local presence, Kids Help Phone has a team of dedicated staff, volunteers, donors, and partners in BC who work tirelessly to support kids in the province as they develop resilience and reach their potential — creating stronger, healthier communities for everyone. Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service supporting young people’s mental health and well-being.
Did You Know
- Approximately 29 young people in BC called our phone service each day in 2015.
- Young people from 170 communities in BC connect with our professional counsellors each year
- Young people in BC visit Kids Help Phone’s website more than 66,500 times a year
- Kids Help Phone’s Community Resource Database contains over 4,000 local resources in BC, used by our counsellors to connect young people to on-the-ground support (such as shelters, health clinics, LGBTQ services, and counselling centres)
Here are some ideas about how you can help support children and youth in British Columbia:
- Support our work by making an annual or monthly donation
- Become a Kids Help Phone Event Sponsor or Event Volunteer
- Create a Fundraising Team for our annual Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO
- Encourage employees in your organization to support our events through your company newsletter or intranet.
Upcoming Events in British Columbia
12th Annual Homes for the Holidays
Spanning over a two day period, Homes for the Holidays offers ticket purchases the unique opportunity to tour 5 Vancouver westside homes seasonally decorated by professional designers. If you love home or holiday decor or having the opportunity to be a ‘looky-loo’ this event is for you! Tickets are $50 per person for the self-guided tour with net proceeds benefiting Kids Help Phone.
For more details or to purchase tickets, please visit www.homesfortheholidays.ca
Other Events in British Columbia
Walk so Kids Can Talk Presented by BMO
Be a hero in your community and walk to support the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada. Join us on the first Sunday in May at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO.
For more information about Kids Help Phone in British Columbia and the Yukon or to make a donation, please contact:
Kids Help Phone
Suite 570, 789 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1H2