Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life changing — sometimes even lifesaving — help and hope to young people in Atlantic Canada. In 1992, Kids Help Phone opened it second regional office, choosing to locate it in Atlantic Canada.
Today, as a community-based charity with a strong local presence, Kids Help Phone has a team of dedicated staff, volunteers, donors, and partners in Atlantic Canada who work tirelessly to support kids in the province as they develop resilience and reach their potential — creating stronger, healthier communities for everyone. Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service supporting young people’s mental health and well-being.
Did You Know
- Approximately 60 young people in Atlantic Canada called our phone service each day in 2013
- Young people from 295 communities in Atlantic Canada connect with our professional counsellors each year
- Young people in Atlantic Canada visit Kids Help Phone’s website or Always There app more than 64,200 times a year
- Kids Help Phone’s Community Resource Database contains 2,750 local resources in Atlantic Canada, used by our counsellors to connect young people to on-the-ground support (such as shelters, health clinics, LGBTQ services, and counselling centres)
Here are some ideas about how you can help support children and youth in Atlantic Canada:
- Support our work by making an annual or monthly donation
- Become a Kids Help Phone Event Sponsor or Event Volunteer
- Create a Fundraising Team for our annual Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO or our Halloween Boolathon
- Encourage employees in your organization to support our events through your company newsletter or intranet.
Events in Atlantic Canada
Walk so Kids Can Talk Presented by BMO
Be a hero in your community and walk to support the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada. Join us on the first Sunday in May at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO.
Upcoming Events in Atlantic Canada
Ruth Goldbloom Ladies Golf Classic, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Join us in September for the 7th Ruth Goldbloom Ladies Golf Classic, presented by BMO. Along with 18 holes of exceptional golf at Glen Arbour, the day includes a one-of-a-kind caddie auction, on-course samplings, and unique silent auction items that can’t be missed. Players are guaranteed to experience a day of laughter and fun throughout the course, all while supporting a worthwhile cause. Register Now
Girls on the Green, St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador
Summer 2017, women from across Newfoundland and Labrador will come together for the 4th Annual Girls on the Green Ladies Charity Golf Tournament in support of Kids Help Phone. Girls on the Green has become one of the most talked about ladies golf events as we welcome all levels of golfers to our fun filled event that continues to support child and youth mental health and well-being in our province. To register call 709-685-0629.
For more information about Kids Help Phone in Atlantic Canada or to make a donation, please contact:
Nova Scotia Office
301-1600 Bedford Hwy
Bedford, NS B4A 1E8
Newfoundland and Labrador Office
P.O. Box 26062
St. John’s, NL A1E 0A5